with the Brewers' Guild of Caid
As part of the A&S 50 Challenge Brewmaster Timotheus and Journeyman Donal O`Brien will be hosting Brew Days with the Right Noble Brewers' Guild of Caid.
The Brew Days will be hands on brewing activities. Each Brew Day will have a scheduled theme with one or more brewing projects running throughout the day.
We'll have brewing space and guest instructors. If you're interested in being a guest instructor, or have a request for a theme project
The Brew Days are open to any brewers in the Southern California area. They are official activities of the Right Noble Brewers' Guild of Caid and so the brewing projects will center around the interests of the Caidan Brewers.
Brew Day Schedule
- The Brew Days are scheduled for Sundays unless otherwise noted.
- Location will vary depending on the theme and the instructor.
- Most days will be 10am to 6pm, the schedule will vary depending on whats being made.
- We'll start a brew at 10:30, work on it throughout the day, with instuction, discussion, merriment, and tastings (if anyone brings something) during the waiting times. If time permits, we'll start a second brew after lunch.
What to bring
- For most brew days, brewing ingredients and equipment will be provided. If you want to take some of the brew home: bring 1 gallon containers, and chip in for cost of ingredients.
- Brews for tasting, brewing materials, equipment, questions, etc to share.
- Comfortable, mundane clothes that you can get messy in.
- Lunch ... bring your lunch or chip in to order pizza.
- If you have a special brewing project you want to work on,
ahead of time to make sure there will be time and equipment for the project.
Proposed 2009 schedule
- February 15 -- 8am to 5pm
- Hosted by Donal, Reinhardt and Alais
- There will be two (possibly three) sets of brewing gear (propane
burners, brew kettles, wort chillers) to work with throughout the day.
- We plan on making at least three batches of beer. If you would like to
brew something that day, please bring your own ingredients.
- Doughnuts and coffee/teas/cocoa will be available for the morning.
Lunch from San Biago is planned. Bring your favorite
beer/wine/mead/cordial/soda for tasting during the day.
- ALLERGY WARNING: There are dogs in the household. They will be kept
separate but one (Gwennie) does shed.
- February 22 -- 10am to 6pm
- Finalize the Brew Days schedule: If you want to host a meeting, teach a class at a meeting, or request a class
bring it up now!
- Field trip to The Home Wine, Beer and Cheesemaking Shop
- New brewer class: Donal and Tim will teach a class on brewing sodas; and talk about brewing on a budget, including info on brewing stepponi
- March 29
start your brew for Protero War (May 21 - 24)
- May 3
- June 14
- Period Brewing Techniques Gruit Ale
- Instructor: Master Donal O'Brian
- July 26
- August 16
start your brew for Highland War (Sept 4 - 7) and Great Western War (Oct 7 - 12)
- September 13
start your brew for Great Western War (Oct 7 - 12)
- Bring vodka, sugar, flavorings, and 1 gallon bottles ... details to be listed here by the August 2nd meeting.
- October 17 (Saturday)
- Period Brewing Techniques
- November 15
- Fermented Fruit
- Soda Pops
- A list of materials to bring for each project will be posted by the September 13th meeting
Brew Days Email Group
Join the Brew Days Email Group for announcements, discussions of the upcoming Brew Days, questions about activities for past and future Brew Days, etc. We're at: groups.yahoo.com/group/BrewDays
THANK YOU for the clip art: www.fundraw.com/clipart/